By accessing UP websites and using its Services, you accept this Policy and expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
“Member” shall refer to any individual who registers as such with UP either directly at its main website or via one of its Service websites.
“Partner” shall refer to an individual or organisation with which UP jointly conducts a project or offers a service. A Member may have to agree to a Partner’s Ts & Cs in some Services. UP shall not be responsible for issues arising from Partner which does not involve UP.
“Merchant” shall refer to an individual or organisation which offers a service or product on UP’s platform. A Member may have to agree to a Merchant’s Ts & Cs in Some UP Services. UP shall not be responsible for issues arising from Partner which does not involve UP.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can browse our Service websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Once you give us your personal information, essentially by registering as a Member to access our Services, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following (non-exhaustive) types of personal information:
- Email, postal addresses, IP Address, telephone and other contact information, date of birth and gender and, when necessary, financial information, such as bank account numbers.
- We will collect such information under the following (non-exhaustive) conditions:
- When you transact at any of our Service websites;
- When you participate in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or enter into any correspondence with UP;
- When you provide additional information that we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself;
- When 3rd parties provide us personal information so as to provide you with a requested Service.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmes, simply indicate your preference in your Member profile.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with safe, smooth, efficient and customized Services. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide Services and customer support;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions - https://united-points.com/terms-of-service/;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about UP Services as well as offers and promotions from our Merchants and Partners;
- Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties when necessary.
We may disclose personal information to comply with legal requirements.
We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating fraud and providing customer service. They will be given access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, and only to perform such functions.
- Other third parties to which you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about which you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific Service.
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
For the avoidance of doubt, If UP has reasonable grounds to believe that any Member is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, it reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing.
Further, UP may disclose the Member’s identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if UP is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. UP shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against UP for such disclosure.
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Website that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
SPAM, SPYWARE OR SPOOFING
Each Member must set his communication preferences in his profile so that communication with UP is as preferred.
Spam or spoof emails that appear to originate from UP must be reported to UP via its “Contact UP” e-mail channel found in UP Services websites.
Each member must be responsible for his password and must a create strong a strong one for access to UP services.
Each member should not disclose his password to anyone. If a Member shares his password, he will be responsible for all actions taken through access with that password.
Each Member shall report it immediately to UP should his password be compromised.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Each Member may review and change his privacy settings by logging into his UP account.
UP protects the personal information it collects, following best practices. Should there be a breach of our systems, UP will inform involved Members so that remedial action can be taken. Where reasonable care has been taken to protect personal information Members will not hold UP responsible for any loss or damage arising from any breach.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from Members. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you give to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
UP reserves the right to update its Privacy Policies from time to time as deemed necessary. UP will inform members as and when such updates are made.